Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wellington Phoenix Wins!












Man I was so close to flying to Wellington for this game,
but in the end I didn't, too many bills to be paid, but well
done to all those who went to the game.

I was really concerned at the end of the first half, at 1-1,
it seems to me that a  Ricki Herbert coached side will
take an early lead and then get way too defensive and
go to lose, and when the Heart equalized I thought the
same thing is going to happen.

Thankfully it didn't, a brilliant second half, full of attacking
football, saw the Phoenix win 3-1.

Hats off to the Yellow Fever people, the loudest bunch
of supporters a team could hope to have.

Can they go all the way and be the second New Zealand
team to win an Australian championship behind Basketball's
Breakers?

Time will tell, in the meantime, enjoy the ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment