Thursday, January 26, 2012

THURSDAY



1. The strongest solar storm since 2005 is hitting the earth. I think this may explain the slow playback of the doom/stoner metal on YouTube.

2. I bought a new cellphone today. It is the Casio Ravine 2 from Verizon. This is what it looks like:



A description of the phone from an online review:

This rugged phone is designed for workers in hazardous environments such as transportation, construction, the military, and law enforcement. This handset meets military standards 810G certification to resist water, immersion, shock and dust resistance, humidity, altitude, vibration, solar radiation, low and high temperatures.

It is virtually the same as my last phone in terms of features which I kept for damn near five years before it started cracking up. They had a smartphone from the same maker, but I don't see how a phone can withstand abuse when one entire side of it is made of uncovered glass. This is why I like flip phones. Basically, I bought the phone that contractors, plumbers, and electricians would own. It isn't sleek. It feels and weighs like a brick.

I have resisted the smartphone temptation. Owning an iPod touch which I barely use has taught me that the smartphone is merely another way to charge you for the internet. I just want a phone to be a phone not a computer, camcorder, or anything else.

3. An entertaining video of the original Ravine:



4. Verizon should pay me for all this free advertising.

5. Here's the smartphone review:



I don't see anyone doing that with an iPhone.

6. Matthew Broderick is reprising Ferris Bueller for a SuperBowl commercial. I see a sequel coming. Bueller in middle age would be interesting. But he'd have to be a Fortune 500 CEO or something. I can't imagine Ferris going on to being a schlub like the rest of us.

7. I just used my cellphone to hammer a nail in the wall and kill a home invader.

8. I'm going to admit it. Seeing Mitt as the next president fills me with disappointment. Seeing Newt as the next president fills me with dread and loathing. I suppose I'm pulling for Mitt over Newt.

9. I've said this before. I am saying it again. Anyone who votes for someone other than Ron Paul is a flipping idiot and a retard.

10. Pulling for Mitt over Newt is like pulling for diarrhea over constipation. At least diarrhea doesn't split your asshole wide open on the way out.

11. Link love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment