Saturday, May 28, 2011

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. PATRIOT ACT FILIBUSTER

Rand Paul showed the world this week that he is the best senator this country has when he filibustered the Patriot Act. The chances of defeating this shitty and unconstitutional act are virtually nil, but I admire what Rand did. It would have been nice if some principled lefty senators had stood with Sen. Paul, but they didn't. I'm just glad there is at least one voice for freedom on that side of the Hill.

2. ISRAEL

The Netanyahu address before Congress was sickening as senators and congressman debased themselves to lick the ass of the prime minister. I watched the speech, and the gist of Netanyahu's argument is that the land belongs to Israel because it says so in the Old Testament. He is willing to make concessions for peace, but it is so much empty rhetoric. The Old Testament called for genocide of the original occupants of the land, and it seems that modern day Israel is carrying it out in slow motion. They would do it faster, but then they would look exactly like their old enemies the Nazis. So, they string it out. By 2050, the Palestinians will be gone in much the same way American Indians are virtually gone in the USA.

I believe America should stay out of this foreign entanglement. Stop giving foreign aid. Let the Middle East sort it out. It is a religious war, and those are the worst kind. At this point, it has to be cheaper to drill for oil in the US. Oil is the only reason this country gives a fuck about what goes on over there.

3. CELEBRITY STEROID ABUSE

Paul Teutul, Sr. of American Chopper fame has been implicated in a steroid abuse ring. Reports say he spent over $50K to get steroids. I always thought the guy was naturally big. Then, I noticed that he got considerably smaller. So, I did some reading up on the subject, and I see that steroids are not just for bodybuilders and athletes anymore. Celebrities of various stripes are in on the action, too.

I'm kinda weird, but when I see muscle bound freaks with their vascularity and all that, I want to puke. I don't see why people think this is attractive. I think being in shape is good, but steroids takes it to an extreme level that produces results that are just unnatural.

0 comments:

Post a Comment