Friday, February 15, 2013

REVIEW: Limited Hockey 12-13

First off, I would like to say thanks to the WONDERFUL people at Panini America for providing us with this box to review. Here are many places you can find Panini America: official site, blog, Twitter, and Facebook. Please check them out!! Best in the business!

This is my first go at Limited Hockey and I was pretty impressed. After opening up the football and being disappointed due to the content,  I feel the hockey is a much better upgrade. I hope you feel the same.

Box Break Down:
  • 1 Pack Per Box, 7 Cards Per Pack
  • 3 Autographs or Memorabilia Cards Per Box!
  • At least 1 Autograph per Box!
  • $100 a Box



BASE CARDS: The base card are numbered to 299. They are thicker than they appear in this pic and are just about the size thickness of a filler card. The design is nice with the main focus and full color on the player with the background a faded bronze color almost making the player appear 3D.

INSERTS: I put Lindros under the inserts, though its a subset because of its low numbering to 49. The Back To The Future insert is unique. Its numbered and placed a star from the past with a comparison from now one on the front and one on the back. Card companies don't seem to do much with double sided player cards anymore so this was nice to see again. The 90's had a lot of this and I rather enjoyed collecting them. The only issue I had was which player to sort it under :)


AUTOGRAPHS: I know I hear it all of the time how collectors do not like the manufactured relics. I think this is a different form of them. I really like these cards. They are very thick. The team logo on the manufactured jersey with the auto pops out at you. The only argument would be how the autographs bleed a little on the fabric used. Maybe a different form of auto marker needs to be used. Or pen. The nice hit here was the Patrice Bergeron # to 49 though I really like both cards.




JERSEY/PATCH CARDS: The design is good for these despite the one color swatch. I like the team logo and the fact the jersey swatch runs up the card and not in the middle on the bottom like most would for this type of card. Panini did good here.


OVERALL THOUGHTS: As the title of the product states..its a numbered product that some can be Limited. I feel this product is better than its other sport counterparts. It feels to have more to it and possibly bigger hit finds.I like the base card design and I feel the price and what you get in return pays for it. I do wish products like this just had a few more cards in them just in case you hit that box with nobodies.

Let me know your thoughts on Limited in general or this break in comments!

RATINGS:  Bloggers Note: Our ratings are based specifically on the blaster, box or packs we opened and do not express what the overall product could bring. Ratings based on a 1-5. 1 Being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
                Packaging: 4
                Base Design: 4
                Insert Design: 4
                Memorablila/Autographs: 5
                Blaster, Hobby Box, or Pack Value: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment