Monday, February 11, 2008

Why I Dumped Greta

A week ago today, I dumped my girlfriend Greta. It was a shitty thing to do. I immediately regretted it, and I tried to take it back. But my shit was packed and ready for removal.

I was supposed to move in with Greta, but she pissed me off that Saturday about a money issue unrelated to her. So, I figured that was a good time to talk about finances especially since I was going to be living with her. She wasn't having it.

The bottom line is that Greta is a spendthrift and a mooch. I have tried to talk to her about her problem, but she refuses to listen to me. I think the real story is that she realizes I'm not going to put up with it, so I'm history to her. Looking back, I suspect money was the overriding concern in the relationship. I honestly don't think she ever loved me.

I'm not rich. I'm just responsible. Greta openly told me she wanted to "marry well" which meant find a rich guy to date and wed. None were interested, so I got to fill the spot in the meantime. Lucky me.

Airing this shit out in a public forum is a lowdown dirty thing to do. But I know women like to talk shit about a guy when it is all said and done, so I just want people to hear my side. I think her friends will believe me because I bet many of them have lent her money to support her spending ways.

She has told me she doesn't want to see me ever again, but she still wants me to pay for her accomodations at the Myrtle Beach Marathon. In other words, I owe her one last mooch on me.

I have begged and pleaded with her to take me back but on the condition that she talk to me about her financial problems. She isn't having it. She would rather have her problem than have me.

I am a total jerk. I confess to this. I am a complete asshole. But I really do love that chick. I just want her to have a better life. She didn't want a better life. She wanted me to pay her bills for her while she spent her money anyway she pleases. I was going to pay her bills for her with the stipulation that she pay off her debts. I was told that it was none of my business what she did with her money. So be it.

Ultimately, I didn't dump Greta because she is bad with money. I dumped her because she wouldn't talk to me about an important issue that we had to agree on.

I have consulted with my people on this, and everyone of them tells me I did the right thing on this though I was a dickhead about it. In addition, they say I would be a fool to pay for her marathon.

I am at the angry stage now. I am mad at her. Very mad. Posting this is not very constructive, but I am sick of being made the bad guy everytime things turn sour. I don't know if she loved me or just wanted to use me. I believe it is the latter at this point.

Grets is great on every other count and is a great person. She just has a problem, and she refuses to fix it. She is done with me, so I have nothing to lose at this point. She already hates me.

Feel free to share comments. If you think I'm a jerk, tell me that, too. I am willing to listen. I just wish Greta was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment