Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seeking Legal Resources for Starting Health Club

A friend of mine is an attorney working for a client that plans to open a health club. She wants to know if there are any legal resources available to help in that pursuit. I am unaware of any, other than what might be found on the websites for the National Gym Association and the National Health Club Association. Below is her specific question -- if you know of any resources, please reply in the comments section or e-mail me, many thanks:

I'm helping a client who's opening a health club, and I'm trying to find legal resources to help me navigate this process. I've been surprised at how few resources exist to aid this kind of venture (or at how difficult such materials are to track down)! I'm helping the client with multiple aspects of starting this business, and haven't found much guidance. Right now I'm trying to draft an independent contractor agreement for aerobics (or other fitness class) instructors. I've drafted independent contractor agreements before, but creating one specific to a fitness center seems to be a bit tricky for some reason.

Do you have any suggested resources or other direction you could provide? Do you know of any form books, checklists, model policies, etc. for legal aspects of health clubs that might provide a good starting point for the various documents I'm drafting (i.e., instructor agreements, membership agreements, guest liability waivers, child care agreement, etc.)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment