Thursday, November 24, 2011

10 Cycling Blogs I am Thankful For

Just as you all do, I like reading cycling blogs. I need my fix with morning coffee, and a pick-me-up now and again throughout the day. Other's cycling blogs inspire me and keep me going with my own; without them Lovely Bicycle would probably not exist. For that and more, I tip my hat to them this Thanksgiving and invite you to pay them a visit. In reverse alphabetical order:

Entertaining ride reports from the most mundane trips on the local cycling paths to a grand tour of Western Ireland. I love snarkypup's narrative voice and savour reading her posts. 

To me, Dave of Portlandize is the voice of reason when it comes to North American transportation cycling. He says many of the things I'd like to say, only calmer, more eloquently and more succinctly. 

Midlife Cycling
Justine of the 4 Mercians is a unique blogger in too many ways to list. Her personal narratives combine analyses of life, academia and cycling in a way that always teaches me something new.

Let's Go Ride a Bike
LGRAB was one of the first cycling blogs I discovered before starting my own, and I continue to read with interest. Undoubtedly "the" blog for women looking to start cycling for transportation.

Endless Velo Love
G. E. offers an unpretentious, friendly perspective of a bicycle enthusiast who started as a novice and is happy to share her learning experiences.

EcoVelo
Alan's thorough reviews, technical analyses and inspiring photography made me a fan from the start and keep me coming back for a daily dose of bicycle goodness.

Copenhagenize
For years, Mikael Coleville-Andersen has stayed true to his goal of promoting cycling infrastructure in cities around the world. I don't always agree with him, but he never fails to provide food for thought.

Biking in Heels
A local-to-me blog, cycler's thoughts on cycling and bicycles in the greater Boston area are both familiar and different from mine, and always compelling.

Bikeyface
Another Boston blog and fairly new on the scene, this weekly cartoon is hilarious, profound, and not always safe for work. Beards one week, pubic hair the next? Thank you, bikeyface!

BikeSnobNYC
A cozy blanket of artisanal sarcasm, Bike Snob is a classic. No matter how dismal life gets, the meandering posts and bikesnobian logic reassure me that all will be okay in the end.

What bicycle blogs are you reading these days? Feel free to share, and enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment