Friday, November 25, 2011

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. RON PAUL AT THE NATIONAL SECURITY DEBATE

I thought Ron Paul did spectacularly at this week's GOP debate. He isn't the slickest speaker in the world, but his ideas and passion more than make up for this. I think he is buoyed by his uptick in the polls and a greater likelihood that he could win in Iowa. I am amazed and pleased at what he has accomplished with this campaign.

2. BLACK FRIDAY

I absolutely hate Christmas. It isn't for religious reasons since I love Easter. (I love jelly beans and Easter eggs.) The reason I hate Christmas is because of the consumerism. Granted, people are buying for other people, but I think most of it is one colossal fucking waste. Plus, seeing shoppers fighting each other in the stores over some toy they want to give their brat for the holiday is enough to make you want to sit out the holiday.

I don't celebrate Christmas. I despise this day. Get rid of the gift tradition, and you would have a whole different holiday. But of all the holidays, it is the ugliest. The worst part is that it isn't one day but an entire fucking month. It represents an end of the year consumerist binge. Fuck that.

3. NEWT IS NUTS

Newt Gingrich has become the new flavor of the moment for GOP voters. The guy could be truly awesome except for one small problem. He is so brilliant that he is stupid. I have no idea how someone pulls that trick off. On second thought, maybe I do.

Newt is called an "ideas" man. His career in academia is responsible for this. Nevermind that those ideas are mostly stupid. His recent suggestion that the FBI be split into two groups with one upholding the Constitution while the other shreds it shows exactly what I am talking about. Smart and stupid. Basically, Newt is the political equivalent of a mad scientist. He is equal parts brilliant and insane. Kinda like that sicko from The Human Centipede.



Newt is equal parts fascinating and repulsive. He clearly is not Mitt Romney. Newt does not pander. Newt doesn't give a fuck. This is not a guy you want to be President. It is bad enough to elect unprincipled people but at least they care what the people think. Newt has neither principles nor regard for the voters. Yet, for some odd reason, people still want to vote for this fucker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment