Saturday, August 20, 2011

[Buzzard County] Chapter 2

Trailer park blues-Anita's story

The ride was quiet. Anita Dick tried not to gag. Both she and Mike had cleaned up Mike's BMW, but the shit smell in the interior lingered.

"I'm going to have to buy another car," Mike said.

"No, you don't," Anita said. "You can get the smell out. My aunt died, and it was two weeks before they found her keeled over in the living room. She was really ripe by then, but they cleaned it up like it never happened. The smell and everything was gone."

"That would be the crime scene cleanup people. They have this ozone machine that takes the stink out of anything."

Anita gave directions, and Mike pulled the BMW into a trailer park. Anita's trailer was the last one on the row. Mike pulled the car up and parked it. There was a long pause.

"If you want, you can come in and take a shower. I got some shampoo for the car which might help."

Mike stopped for a minute. He didn't know what to say.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Mike asked. "You don't know me from anybody. I've got a shotgun in the trunk of my car. We are total strangers who don't know anyone from anything. Yet, here we are helping each other."

"There's nothing wrong with helping people," Anita said. "The problems are when people hurt one another. They have to steal from you or lie to you or run your life into the ground. It gets to a point you think everyone in the world is out to fuck you over."

Mike nodded his head.

"I'm not out to fuck you over, Mike," Anita said. "I'm not going to hit you up for money or ask you to take me to get some beer or crack. Sometimes, people help you because they've been there before. They just want some good karma."

"I don't believe in karma," Mike said.

"I don't really believe in it either," Anita said. "If karma existed, I wouldn't be where I am today living in a trailer park with no car. I think karma is just the idea that some people deserve what happens to them while others don't. Did you ever cheat on your wife?"

"No, I didn't," Mike said. "Never. Not one time."

"Then, you have good karma. You didn't deserve this."

Mike thought about this for a bit. Then, he got out of his car and went into the trailer with Anita.

The shower felt good. You can only get so clean in the men's restroom of a Waffle House. Mike washed the remainder of the shit from his soiled body. He felt new--baptized in the humble water of a trailer park abode. Then, the water went cold. Mike screamed.

"Sorry, I turned on the dishwasher by accident," Anita said.

The trailer was neat and clean. It was an old trailer--a singlewide. It was modest and not too cluttered. But let's face facts, folks. It is a goddamn trailer. Mike sat down in the living room. Anita brought him some coffee.

"What's your story?" Mike asked.

"It's long and not very interesting," Anita said.

"I am interested," Mike said.

"Well, I was married. I thought my husband was a good man, but he wasn't. He owned his own body shop here in Buzzard, and we had a nice house. But he was fucking the bookkeeper behind my back. She was a crazy bitch. She wanted him to leave me, and she could have had him when I found out. I was so mad and hurt."

"I know how that feels," Mike said.

Anita looked down at the floor. When she looked up, tears were in her eyes.

"That crazy bitch shot my husband and set the house on fire," Anita said. "Bitches are spiteful like that. I was at my mama's house when it happened."

"Did you have any children with him?" Mike asked.

"Yes, he is at his grandmama's house now. He is eight years old now. His name is Eric," Anita said. "My mama keeps him while I work. He doesn't know what happened to his daddy except that he got burned up in the fire. He was just two years old when it happened."

"What did you do before the Waffle House?" Mike asked.

"I was a housewife. It was all I knew. Me and Eric lived on the insurance money, but it only lasted a couple of years. I had this accountant come in and try to help me out."

"And he completely fucked you out of the money," Mike said. "Motherfuckers."

Both of them were silent for a bit.

"We are quite a couple, aren't we?" Mike asked.

"Yes, we are," Anita said.

At that moment, Mike reached across and kissed Anita. His tongue went into her mouth, and she did not resist. He felt some dental work he knew he could fix for her. Anita felt Mike's cock stiffen under his towel. It was smaller than her dead husband's massive dick, but she didn't care. It was considerations like that which had cost her all the misery she had now. Men with big dicks like to share the wealth. Mike seemed like a man with a big heart even if that heart was broken. And she did have an ulterior motive. She had it when that BMW had pulled up at the Waffle House. Life was going to give back what it had taken from her. She felt the dentist penetrate her, and she knew at that moment he was all the man she needed.

Chapter 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment