Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Sexual Assault of Lara Logan



People who follow the news undoubtedly have heard about CBS News foreign correspondent Lara Logan being raped and beaten in Egypt. When I read the story, it upset me greatly. We hear of these types of assaults all the time, but they seem distant to us because we can't put a face to it. But I have watched Logan on TV many times for various stories, and the assault on her hit me very hard. I don't know her, ever met her, or anything. I just watched her on TV. But I had trouble sleeping that night after hearing the story and came in to work the next day in a very foul mood.

I am someone who abhors violence towards women. I suppose it was my upbringing in the code of the Southern Gentleman that you don't ever beat a woman, force yourself on a woman, or otherwise treat women as inferior. When a man mistreats a woman, I want to find him and hurt him very badly. In the case of this Egyptian mob, I wish I could take each one of them and castrate them, eviscerate them, and set them on fire. I would like to take a sledgehammer and bash their brains in and watch their skulls explode like ripe melons. There is no punishment that I can think of that would be too extreme for their crimes. My only regret would be they would lose consciousness or die too quickly before suffering the maximum amount of punishment they deserve.

I hate people who prey on the weak. This is why I have a special hatred for people who hurt women and children. Chivalry is nothing more than treating with respect those who are too weak to demand respect. People who know me will tell you that I will challenge any man, but a woman can walk all over me without me lifting a finger against her.

What happened to Lara Logan upsets me because it goes against everything I am about. I hate the people who did this to her, and I want them to suffer. And my heart breaks for her. I wish this horrible thing had never happened to her. All I can say is that any man who does such a thing to a woman is not a real man but a slime covered piece of shit. My fondest dream is that I could lay my hands on these rapists and make them suffer the most exquisite agonies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment