Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. ROUGH WEEK AT THE C-BLOG

I've had a heck of a week at work, and I have been tired lately. I have not had the energy to post my usual slew of shit here at the C-blog. The ideas are there, but I find it difficult to sit at the keyboard and express them. This comes from a decision on my part to catch another gear on the job. I had a friend many years ago who I lifted with who taught me that your job can be turned into your cardio workout. We both were in college and worked at the same pizza place. Basically, we ran harder and worked harder. We would lift, skip the exercise bike, eat, and go into work which we turned into an aerobic stimulus. It was a time management thing considering we were full time students. Needless to say, it works. I thought I was going to blow some chunks Wednesday.

2. CHARLIE SHEEN MELTDOWN

Apparently, Charlie Sheen has been fired. This may change, but this shows the hazards of trying to work with an addict. I know what Chuck Lorre is dealing with from personal experience. This was also the problem Gene Simmons had working with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. Those two guys will call Gene an asshole, but Gene is right. People who like to drink, do coke, and party all the time have a shitty work ethic. This is why I eschew alcohol. I like living on the straight edge, and I'm not ever going back. Besides, I am a wild motherfucker without the substances. I don't need chemical pollution to have a good time.

3. OIL

With all the unrest in Libya and the Middle East, nobody is noticing the uptick in gasoline prices. I predict gas prices going up significantly this summer.

4. CNN

Cable news really sucks. I despise Bill O'Reilly and Keith Olbermann. Fox News is so laughably propagandistic that I have to switch the channel. MSNBC is the same on the other end of the spectrum. This leaves CNN except I have to deal with that shitbag Eliot Spitzer at 8 and the narcissist Piers Morgan at 9 who does absolutely shitty interviews. CNN's only redemption is Anderson Cooper at 10 o'clock.

CNN sees themselves competing with MSNBC and Fox, but I don't see why. Those other networks are not journalism but commentary. But as CNN has learned with the recent events with the Middle East, when people want straight news, they turn to CNN. The network needs to run with that. Fire Spitzer and Morgan. Get some real journalism on the air and market it that way. Substance matters.

5. KADAFFI

Qadaffy needs to die. KKKadafi needs his body dragged through the streets of Tripoli. Qkuadaffy needs to swing from a noose and have his balls shredded. I want to see this fucker DEAD.

6. UNIONS

In right to work states, unions are unpopular among working class people. That should tell you something. Meanwhile, in places like Michigan and New York, unions have killed private businesses. But public employee unions have taxpayers by the balls. Union fucks can show their asses, but the taxpayers are with the union busters.

7. ASSANGE

At this point, Wikileaks is done. They are so crippled by the efforts against it that they can no longer function. But it doesn't matter. Other sites are rapidly popping up to fill the void. It is a new world, and government should be afraid. As for Assange, he will go through a lot of shit, but I predict that he will win even if he gets extradited to the US. The US government can only succeed in making him a martyr. They should drop their case and go on with adjusting to the new world of leaks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment