Sunday, February 20, 2011

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

I usually post RTOVS on Saturday, but I wasn't feeling the stoke yesterday. Here it is today.--C.

1. THE HUFFINGTON POST

Arianna made news when she sold out to AOL for multimillions. No big deal except the bulk of the people writing for HuffPo were writing for free. Basically, they slaved while she got paid. This would also not be a big deal except Arianna paints herself as some kind of progressive. The reality is that she is an opportunist who switches her "convictions" whenever it suits her. All I can say is that going forward, nobody writing for the Huffington Post should do it without getting paid to do it.

2. THE UNKNOWN BLOGGER

The U-Man has sparked some hate mail. One writer said that this blog had "jumped the shark" with his addition here. I didn't realize we had anywhere to fall from at the C-blog. Without a doubt, the guy is a unique voice. I can't fire my one guest blogger. I think this would dampen the enthusiasm others might have in wanting to be contributors here. Plus, he might decide to go over to the Huffington Post where he would fit right in with the homeopathic quackery. The U-man's strangeness (and stupidity) is a rare treasure.

3. MIDDLE EAST REVOLUTION

We have uprisings in Bahrain, Libya, and Iran. I am of a pessimistic mindset on this shit. The fact is that revolutions usually result in a new flavor of the same old tyranny. The French revolted against Louis XVI and ended up with Napoleon. The Russians overthrew the czar and got Lenin and Stalin. The Cubans got rid of Batista and ended up with Castro. I don't see why the Middle East shithole will be any different. I see a lot of guys with mustaches and military fatigues running shit in the near future. And every damn one of them will end up on the US payroll.

4. WISCONSIN

I don't even know what to say about this that hasn't already been said. It is hard to scrape off the leeches. Government employees are parasites, and I have to laugh when people try to defend their salaries and benefits which are superior to what the rest of Wisconsinites have in the private sector. In the future, the haves are those who work for the government while the have-nots will be those unfortunate enough not to get a government job. Naturally, the Left is all for this arrangement. This country is fucked.

5. RON PAUL

It is clear to me that Ron Paul is running for President again. He has my vote. This hurts Gary Johnson who I think should have run for some other office like Senator from New Mexico. But neither one of them ever stood a chance. What this does is elevate the conversation and brings up the issues again. I expect the Ron Paul folks to double in size this time around. Running for President is a huge platform for liberty even if you don't win.

6. APPLE

Steve Jobs is dead in six weeks according to the National Enquirer. The other news is that they are fucking over Amazon and others who want to sell shit on Apple's platform. That is heavy handed and amazing. Will it work? Must we face the reality that Apple is evil?

0 comments:

Post a Comment