Sunday, June 21, 2009

Snatch: Request video

Swing/Snatch triplets 20kg

Oa Farm walks 24kg to training ground

Snatch 24kg: 5/5, 10/10, 10/10, 20/20, 16/16, 12/12, 8/8, 8/8

Oa Farm walks 24kg back home

Trained in the park below my house. It is next to the sea-fare museum and to the delight of some tourists. One took several pics of me so I kept the lockouts a little longer in that set.

A friend - a good snatcher also - demanded some vids of me snatching. So voilà.

In the first vid, my tempo is too fast. I start getting tired there.

I think I read somewhere that the kind of hand-switch I do, has been made legal again?

In the 2nd vid, you can notice the difference between my shoulders. It might be a flexibility thing partially, but it is also simply a difference in sceletal structure right and left. Well, also a bit of just cleaning up my act...:-)
By the way, I'm almost 6 feet tall, but this bell makes me look so small.


Front view with sightseeing, I live in the big house behind the trees.


Side view

I think I have not really "made friends" with snatch yet. Snatches feel a bit like my jerks a while ago, there comes surprises in the form of technical changes, or blunders. Or, if I'm lucky, that can also be a phase in leaving one plateau for another one.
My jerks are not good, but anyway there seems to be more of a predictable trajectory of jerk evolution, I add small bits of technique from session to session.

0 comments:

Post a Comment