Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jerk & various

Oa 24kg: 5/5
2x24kg: 5,8,20,16,12,8,8

Pyramid with easy bells, calculated from a max of 40 reps.
Has been ages (March) since I put a vid here so I do that today. Feel good showing what you are doing. Not the least to avoid future shocks... "Didn't you know it is now against the rules to interlace your fingers in rack"... or "I thought you were very good but..." :-):
Front view

Sideview


Other pics/news

Some of my best grip work outs nowadays consist of hobby metal working.
Another rolling fat grip is under production.

The old one (right) works very well, so I am making the second just for the fun of it. The curbes in the frame are actually forged. I was burning some stuff, I thought "why not try to heat the fire up with an hot air gun"? The fire became very hot, so I put the flat iron pieces in and the iron glowed even up to white yellowish for a while.


The bondo logo bells that I described last post. Will put a round piece of steel plate in the logo hole on both of them, and seal the bottom of the 2nd bell as well. Can't stop thinking of the lead inside, even though it should be physically impossible that it poisons you just cast inside a bell. Think of lead e.g. in electric cables in old houses. Will seal them anyhow. (Why is the pic sideaways?).

This hex iron rod is a piece of a stone drill. My plan is to make loading pin of it to go with the fat handles. The hexagon shape would look cool. It fits snugly with my school weights. 0,75€ at the Hermansson & Olsson junk yard, and that included a piece of 5mm metal plate for sealing the bells. Thus, no catastrophy, if the result is too ugly to use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment