Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Case for Celibacy


Rockstar Morrissey made waves in Britian for decades with the profession that he was celibate. We can expect such admissions from priests, Buddhists, and computer nerds. But Morrissey was famous, rich, and good looking. He was surrounded by groupies that would shag him at the drop of a hat. The bottom line was that he was celibate by choice when he clearly never had to be. He could have sex anytime he wanted.

I don't know Morrissey's reasons for celibacy or if he has remained celibate or if the whole thing was some sort of publicity stunt. The man has been famously cryptic about it all, but what would you expect from a celibate?

To be celibate is to invite misunderstanding and ridicule. But it makes a huge amount of sense. The reality is that you have STD's, pregnancy, cheating lovers, etc. to contend with. When I go out, I am nauseated by all the drama that is going on in people's lives, and how it all revolves around sex and romance. It is a wasteland of rejection and betrayal. It doesn't matter how good you look. Even movie stars get fucked over and get their hearts broken.

I don't need this shit. My motto is that you are better off jacking off. Sex without love is just enhanced masturbation, and sex with love is just a future regret. My hand has never betrayed me or broken my heart.

The reality is that love and happiness never meet. I like to go out to bars, and I see people trying vainly to pull some happiness from the bottom of a shot glass, a line of cocaine, or a one night stand. I know a lot of horror stories. Then, people tell me I should find a nice girl and settle down. I wish I could, but it never works out for me. Even the nice ones leave you. I suspect most of the good marriages are covers for quiet disappintment.

I'm about as oddball as you can get so adding celibacy to the list is really no big deal. That is the only downside of not having sex. People think you are antisocial or something. The most ignorant ones think of you as some kind of pervert which makes no sense at all.

I'm a straight guy, and I have no problem getting laid. I just don't care to do it anymore. It is more pain than pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment