Monday, October 31, 2011

Clean

Clean 2x20kg: 5
Clean 2x24kg: 5
Clean 2x28kg: 5
Clean 2x30kg: 5
Clean 2x32kg: 5, 10, 10, 10

Oa swing 32kg: 20/20
High pulls 2x20kg: 20

Push-ups: 3x 10reps
French press w bar: 3x 8reps
Biceps curl w bar: 7reps
Oa BU clean and hold 20kg: 1min/1min (=1rep/1rep, same as my old PR)

Today was a very fun session. Hand was better, so I tried some clean-only. I have a strain in one upper trap wich seems to be aggravated by heavy lock-outs. Which makes me think of my training lately... several small injuries and pains.

You don't have to be a fitness guru to realize that those aches and pains are the result of my training. Since March, or so, I have focused few reps and heavier weights (considering my fitness level, that is). It has been very fun, and I feel like I have strengthened some weak points such as grip and OH-lockouts.

I also got a break from the high rep sets which started to bore me. Still, staying low rep and heavy for too long leads to stagnation and injuries. And, now I will start with lighter bells and longer sets again. I will see if go for a light period for a month, or two. Or, if I start alternating light and heavy days during the week.

I just got this epiphany today, so I have not had the time to think through a plan yet. During winter, I will get back to the red ones again anyhow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment