Thursday, July 28, 2011

LONG CYCLE & FITNESS

Warm up w 14 kg combos and oa 24kg LC

LC 2x24kg: 5,5
LC 2x32kg: 5x 2, 4reps (tot vol 30reps)

Oa BU-clean and hold 16kg: 20/20
Bar hang: 1 set
Kettlbell bench press 2x24kg: 6

Bridge work, triggerpoints & much stretch

My technical LC-focus was leaning back in the de-clean (see the comments previous post). I believe I already lean back in rack, so I take it that I should hinge over a little later when the bells descend. It felt right - smother drop of the bells and like they came up easier next rep (I don't understand the latter phenomenon :-).

I did some bench press. The bench is very low, but so far it seems good and very stable. I found it next to a bus stop.


Then I tried out a new pain-ball (for trigger points) that I did yesterday.
I got the idea from Mobility Wod (LINK) where they use them. I couldn't find them in Sweden, though they probably show up someday. In the meantime, I made this from two land-hockey balls. The trick was to drill exactly in the middle of the ball so that they roll evenly when paired. As balls are elastic, use a smaller drill bit than bolt. I used a 6mm drill for a 10mm bolt, and also got a grip challenge screwing the bolt in.
It was very nice for back and thoracic area (upper back). Like a meaner foam roller that works both mobility and trigger points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment