Monday, January 31, 2011

Jerk

Oa jerk 12,20,24kg: 5/5 each

Jerk 2x20kg: 5

Jerk 2x24kg: 5
Jerk 2x28kg: two ladders of 2,4,6
Jerk 2x20kg: 52/5min

My grip was all fried since Saturday, so I cut snatches today. I also did some moving of stuff today.

I read a forum post by a guy called Jake Heke. He is usually right about most things and he wrote that Eastern GS lifters never stop with strength training earlier than 3, or 4, weeks before competition. Thus, I did some 28kg jerks instead of with 24kgs. The forum in question is a bad place so I wont give out the web-adress (your computor would probably have blocked it anyway).

My 52reps with 20kgs might be a PR, I had more in the tank though. The higher rpm's are hard to me. Destiny's only blessing of me, from a GS-point of view, is that I am made for a comfortable rack. So, of course, resting becomes quite tempting :-).

Below is the updated plan for my training up to the Uddevalla comp 5th of March. It's good that I did  such a template, but it also reminds me why I am so cautious of too strict pre-set programs and prefers going by intuition (i.e. the physical feel of the day). Well, with some maturity one should be able to combine the two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment