Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quotable Quotes

All, all is theft, all is unceasing and rigorous competition in nature; the desire to make off with the substance of others is the foremost - the most legitimate - passion nature has bred into us and, without doubt, the most agreeable one.
MARQUIS DE SADE

I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him; it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man's self-respect is a sin.
ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
EMILE ZOLA

I thank fate for having made me born poor. Poverty taught me the true value of the gifts useful to life.
ANATOLE FRANCE

Behind every great fortune lies a great crime.
HONORE DE BALZAC

0 comments:

Post a Comment