Thursday, September 22, 2011

How Not to Moderate a Blog Again















A while back, I wrote a piece about moderating a blog.

I had second thoughts about that piece, because if you
own a blog it's your right to moderate it anyway you
like.

What is increasing annoying though, is bloggers who
feel the need to comment in the comment section on
why others aren't allow to comment.

For instant a regular poster at a blog that I go to,
has a history of deleting/not allowing posts to
appear from others, I'm fine with that, what
I'm not fine with though is that moderator,
mentioning that person's name in the comment
section, while telling them they are idiot, and telling
them they aren't allowed to say that.

Why not send an email to that person, why call them
out in public, and leave them no right of reply, to me
that's equal to a misbehaving kid who sticks their
hands in their ears and screams, I cant hear you.

I suppose though it;'s better than the poster who
once told me not only that i cant comment on a
blog that didn't belong to them, but went on to
say what I can or can't write in my own blog.

I mean, seriously, it never ceases to amaze me
the superiority complex some people have.

Each to their own, I guess.


0 comments:

Post a Comment