Saturday, March 19, 2011

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. STILL ALIVE

My goal here at the C-blog is to post at least once a day. The problem is that I have a job, a girlfriend, and a laundry list of chores to do. The result is that my Twitter account and my Facebook wall are about the only thing that gets hit by me on a more regular basis.

The C-Blog is the home of my long form pieces and other shit. Sometimes, I am tempted to post filler. But I try to keep up the quality. Of course, some smart ass readers will quip that they are still waiting on that quality shit. All I can say is thanks for hanging in there with me. I run out of time sometimes, so I apologize if I have let you down.

2. LIBYA

I knew it was a matter of time before the US would stick its nose into the Libyan revolution which now looks like a lopsided civil war. It is simply a fact that when oil is in a country so will Western powers. Naturally, the reason for this tomfuckery is "humanitarian." The result is almost certainly going to be regret. We are seeing a third US war in the making with this. When will the foreign intervention end? Oh yeah, I forgot. It ends when this country is bankrupt.

The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.--Sen. Barack Obama

3. RAND PAUL

The junior senator from Kentucky is shaking shit up. From piss poor toilets to cutting the budget to calling for the elimination of entire departments, this guy is a libertarian's wet dream come true. I am very impressed with what Rand is doing. Unfortunately, the rest of the GOP isn't even man enough to touch the sweat from Rand Paul's balls much less take a courageous stand with him. But judging by Rand's popularity as well as Ron Paul's present stature, being a principled libertarian is a winning message. This shows that you can be a libertarian and still hold elected office. We need more like these guys.

4. GLENN BECK

Rumors are swirling on the internet that Glenn Beck is fixing to get shitcanned at Fox News. I would welcome this especially if they give his spot to Judge Andrew Napolitano and Freedom Watch. Glenn Beck is a Mormon fucknut. His "libertarian" leanings have already been shot to shit with me. The guy is fucking retarded. The U-Man will probably send me some hate mail. But Glenn Beck is definitely with the tinfoil hat crowd. Only Alex Jones is worse.

5. iPHONE VS. ANDROID

I put it to a vote on Facebook, and it was no contest. The people who voiced an opinion in my unofficial poll love Android phones more than the iPhone. From a removable battery to lower prices, those Android phones are winning over consumers, and I predict some deja vu for Apple as they lose out to Google in much the same way they lost out to Microsoft. The one thing I have to add is that I think being open beats being closed. The closed strategy of Steve Jobs is not a winner. The guy exerts too much control, and customers hate this. I don't know if I will buy a smartphone, but if I do, it will be an Android. The same thing goes for a tablet. Apple is good at innovation. They are not so good at maintaining customer satisfaction and market share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment