Friday, March 25, 2011

2 Experiences and a Great Quote

I had 2 interesting experiences this week.

1. I was at Wal-Mart doing some late night food shopping earlier in the week and there were very few lanes open to check out. I was "blessed" to be behind 2 men ... They had filled up 3 shopping carts worth of food, mostly Coke actually ... Their bill came to $388. They paid in $1's and an occasional $5. I think it took them longer to pay than to do the actual shopping. 

Now I am not a very patient person but at the moment I was blessed to not be in a rush ... Otherwise I may not be here to write this (smile)

2. I got my 2 year old daughter some flowers on Wednesday. No special occasion. When she realized the flowers were for her ... the look on her face ... I hope and pray that I never forget it. Beautiful! If you have not given your daughter flowers lately - I recommend the experience

And here is a great quote I found inspiring:

"You get the best effort from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within." - Bob Nelson

0 comments:

Post a Comment