Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1000

1000 blog posts in one year is way too fucking ambitious. Plus, my goal was to make all of those quality posts and not just filler. I don't see me pulling that off.

Thc challenge of blogging comes down to two things:

1. Finding time to blog.

2. Finding things to blog about.

I struggle with both of these aspects. My goal this year was to blog at least once a day. I am actually 12 posts away from the magical 365. But I haven't blogged daily. Most of that comes from creative spurts that come and go. You might see three or four posts in a single day and then nothing for awhile.

It is hard to keep a project like this going while also maintaining a job and a relationship and tending to my chores. Plus, I want to write books and do more with my other projects. So, I need to back away from this ambition. To fulfill the 1000 post requirement would mean doing almost 3 posts daily. That is simply insane. I already have plenty on my plate, and as Clint Eastwood put it, "A man's got to know his limitations."

0 comments:

Post a Comment