Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back on track

So I am back from my pause from blogging. I thought I would appreciate getting a break, but I found quite soon that I missed it. I write my posts quickly, so it is not a burden.

 Training
My training efforts are recorded at the girya.se forum started by Tommy Blom and Anders Erikson (LINK). As you see, I have continued the 28kg jerks a bit. I think of my present training as "off season" and I need some more strength for the lockouts. Similarly, I have done some more grip endurance practice.






 
Two hands swing picture from an old book
Saw this on the net. It was an entire book in pdf-format. I lost the adress. The man on the picture stands with his feet one in front of the other, like Hamburg's Johann Martin.

IUKL-World Championship
What I heard, the IUKL WC in Tampere was a great event. It is the first big kettlebell sport competition with a lot of Eastern European lifters (ie. professionals) that has taken place in Northern Europe.
Notably, IGSF - the other big organization - has held two world championships in Italy, and one big comp in Hamburg, previously.

For me personally, it is was especially nice that my two friends Nichlas and Thomas went there and did some good long cycle reps resulting in silver in their respective classes (amateur and veteran). That means that we are now three (3) Swedes having competed in officially recognized events with kettlebell sport standard rules!

Also, Nichlas and Thomas had the possibility of establishing some good new contacts which will be helpful for upcoming projects. That about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment