Sunday, August 12, 2007

Suck Ass Weekend

This weekend so far realy sucks. I think only a Tony Stewart victory at Watkins Glen could pull this one out for me.

My first bit of depressing news is that Ron Paul was a blip in the Iowa Straw Poll. Considering that top guys like Giuliani, McCain, and Thompson weren't in it and that Paul placed behind a nobody like Mike Huckabee, this does not fare well for the campaign. I expected Ron Paul to place second behind Romney. Instead, we have Snakes on a Plane.

The reality is that the libertarian viewpoint is probably a permanent minority viewpoint. It is what it is. I was hoping the ISP would gain Paul some mainstream attention, but it just isn't going to happen.

In other stuff, I have had to deal with various women in my life over the weekend, and I have reached the conclusion that they are all nuts. One of the things that has really blown my mind is how many women I meet who are on meds and have a diagnosis of "bipolar disorder." Over the last two weeks, I have met four.

I can't reiterate enough how right Aristotle was on women. They are without virtue. They lack rationality. You can't trust them. The evidence for this is overwhelming. I have grown absolutely frustrated dealing with any woman. They lack constancy and logic. They love you one minute and hate you the next. And every one of these women tells me how they can't stand being around other women. Most women are misogynists, too.

Finally, I have ended a friendship with someone I cared about a great deal. This friend is a woman which makes it so remarkable for someone like me. But I realize that men and women can't be friends. It never works out. It has been pointed out to me by others that I am in love with this friend because I spend so much time talking to her and talking about her. I am just in denial over it. This may be true. But I should feel some pain over not having her in my life. I don't. The reality is that this friend of mine has flattered herself at my expense and even gone so far as to use me. I don't need friends like this. Naturally, she isn't sorry for any of it.

I am pretty much condemned to being a loner for the rest of my life. I console myself with the reality that most people face the same shit I do. Rampant infidelity and divorce show that this is true. You'd have to be an idiot to ever get married. I'm with George Clooney now. No marriage and no kids. Cynicism wins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment