Sunday, August 5, 2007

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

Too much steadicam for me.

2. THE FALLEN BRIDGE

If you wonder why bridges that are needed are crumbling while we get new bridges built in Buttfuck, Alaska, I have one word for you--EARMARKS.

3. TIME MANAGEMENT

I am failing in a big way on this one. My best tips are these--check email twice a day and turn off your phone and IM.

4. GETTING IN SHAPE

I'm taking up running again. I used to do it when I lived in Florida, and it felt great. Lost a lot of weight and had a lot of stamina. The only problem is that running cuts into social time a great deal. I used to feel the strain of being with people and the need to get in a few miles. I think that's why they call it the loneliness of the long distance runner.

I like running because it is cheap and convenient and devoid of the narcissism you find in the gym. Plus, it gives me time to think. I'm going to be selfish on this shit and do it everyday.

5. TONY STEWART

I am one of the fans who take the bullshit from everybody else, but it makes me happy as hell when Tony wins. I don't see how people can pull for Gordon or Junior. But that's just me. I hope Tony keeps racing for at least another ten years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment