Monday, April 26, 2010

HEROES-Ron Paul



I have a lot of heroes, and they are quite different from one another in careers, lifestyles, and the like. But there are common elements in my heroes. They are all individualists. They see the world a bit differently than the rest of us, and they have the courage to stand in opposition to that world. They also have other attributes I admire such as being autodidactic, multiskilled, and the like. But of all my heroes, the one who comes closest to being my ultimate hero is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is an intelligent, principled, and courageous man. He is an MD. He served in the Air Force as a flight surgeon. He taught himself economics. He ran for Congress and won. And he has been a valiant promoter and defender of freedom. People try and dismiss him as a kook and a crank, but they end up agreeing with him when they hear him speak.

I remember back during the 2008 primaries being ridiculed for supporting Ron Paul. Now, people remember me for supporting him when no one else would listen. People listen to Dr. Paul now. He is not a brilliant orator. He is not a slick politician. His popularity comes from his ideas, and they are important.

I do not always agree with Ron Paul, but he is without a doubt a great champion of liberty. I don't know what the future holds for him, but he would make a great president. As it stands, he is a great man, and I admire him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment