Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SOC

I might not care to admit it, but these SOC posts are very cathartic. The hardest part of being a blogger is coming up with ideas every fucking day to write about. Naturally, you turn to current events for inspiration in much the same way that Doonesbury and late night comedians turn to the news for fodder for their humor. People ask me where I get my ideas, and I tell them Google News.

SOC frees me from having to fish for an idea. I just start writing whatever pops into my head. I learned this trick all the way back in high school from an English teacher. I learned that I always have something on tap much the same way a skunk always has a little juice left in those stink glands embedded in its ass.

The topic that has most occupied my mind lately has been this minimalist path I have embarked upon. Last month, I returned to eating healthy and the three bowel movements that come with it. All I can say is that Activia works. This month, I am focusing on decluttering and cleaning and making it a habit. I admit to being a slob. My one time management trick is to neglect my car, my abode, and my personal hygiene to do more shit. I am not happy about nor proud of this admission, but there it is. The only things that get cleaned on a regular basis in my life are the screens on my computer and iPod.

I am getting there slowly but surely. It feels good to have your shit together. Each day is a little less stressful than the last.

--END--

0 comments:

Post a Comment