Friday, February 19, 2010

Petty training and a Great thesis


Great thesis

Thierry Sanchez has finished his thesis on kettlebell lifting Girevoy Sport and Athlete Preparation (LINK). Read it - great stuff on endurance, reps and sets etc.

Drop sets LC

Lccj 2x20kg:5,5
Lccj 2x24kg:5
Lccj 2x26kg:4

Lccj Drop sets (2x26kg 4reps-2x24kg 6reps-2x16kg 10reps) x 3

Lccj 2x26kg:4

Pulse rose to tops of 180, 183 and 184 bpm (my max is 188bpm) in the drop sets. At least one set when I checked the meter, bpm seemed to peak just after the 24kgs and then go down slightly with 20kgs. As you see in the vid, I change weight quite slowly. My reasoning is that lc, among other things (a) is ballistic (b) involves the back; thus it might be smart to change weight slowly when tired. And, I obviously get tired anyway.
I think I used to have my legs straight in rack. But no, not even that :-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment