Saturday, September 19, 2009

Goodbye Fairfax Forever



The picture above is of Fairfax's music Journo, Simon Sweetman.

Fairfax is a media company in New Zealand, that owns a lot of our print media, magazines and news based websites. They are very powerful indeed, they basically control 80% of what we see and hear every day.

I am now through with them.

Over the past few years they have become very lazy and tabloid orientated to a point where I have to ask myself, why am I still reading their papers?

stuff.co.nz is the biggest website in New Zealand, and up until now I visited it daily, well not anymore.

It was basically two stories on their webpage that did it for me, one they are offering a Journalist scholarship to a Z Grade New Zealand celeb who blogs about her sexual experiences for them.

I have no problem with them offering people like that, a blog, but a Journalist scholarship??? Hundreds of young students of Journalism applied for this, and they are going to give it, to a attention seeking wanna be celeb???

Secondly, their reporting on the Kayne West incident, when they falsly accussed country fans of being racist, using every sterotype imaginable. It was appalling it was lazy reporting and it was false.

They were the incidents that put me over the edge, fairfax websites and newspapers are the lowest lowest form of Journalism, and I will not be apart of it.

Goodbye stuff.co.nz forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment