Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rybinsk 24kg Virtual Competition (with vids now)

The members of the Russian kettlebell forum hosted by the Rybinsk kettlebell club (LÄNK) took the initiative of having a virtual competition with 24kg bells. A lifter called Wild Bill is largely at charge for coordinating the invitations of foreigners at the IgX-forum.

The rules were to do either of the classic lifts - i.e. biathlon (jerk and snatch) or long cycle clean and jerk. The points are then divided with the points required for CMS (Candidate Master of Sports) with 24kg bells in the old Russian table. I think that is 185points for men -90kg.

The person with the number closest to 1,0 wins. Of course, in this company, it is not unlikely that some people land on 1,0, or higher.

The results from this virtual comp will be included in next week's Cross World results. If I feel great, I might try lccj with 20kg bells then.

My contribution

This is unofficial lifting. I do not know how a strict judge would have set my points. The platform and bells are not ok for official competition. I find these fitness bells easier in jerk as they rack better. In snatch, I think it is in about the same with the Eleiko fitness bell, and competition bells. The Eleiko has a 38mm handle, but is more compact, and thus steady in lockouts. (My bad comp bells are in town).

Jerk: 55reps, I let the people at the Rybinsk forum decide the points. The number is ok for me; my previous PR is 48reps with these bells (July), and 50 reps with comp bells (at Ventspils Atlants, early August). Not really happy about jerk form, too slow, bells could be more centered in the push phase and my hip would not find the groove.

Snatch: 36/37. That sucks, but that's no news. Still, the number is OK for me. Actually, when starting, I felt a lot of lactic acid in the grip from the jerks, so I even doubted I would reach 30/30.

My competition snatch PR is 35/36 (Ventspils). My training PR, I think is 38/42; I had a period early summer when my snatches went better. When I look at old log notes I cannot see what I did then that I do not do nowadays.

The bell look better centred in this snatch-movie.

Jerk:


Snatch:


Look here
For an account of Helsey's (MS) participation at the event (LINK).

All results
are coming up here
.

CMS in 2010 rank table

The CMS with 24kgs was removed with the current 2006 ranking system. Yet, it will be reintroduced with the updated 2010 table which will be around for 4 years. The new Russian ranking table also follows IUKLs weight categories as most Russian associations are into IUKL.
If I got it right, the Russian ranking table is also the one adopted by most other national associations.

It does not concern me personally, but for you young stallions I think it was smart to make CMS available with 24s again. Not the least, it might make people stick longer with the 24kgs before moving up to the 32s. The 32kgs is another deal, especially from a health point of view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment