Saturday, September 25, 2010

Snatch & LC: One Week to Open Finnish LC SM in Kuusamo

Snatch 24kg: 5/5,40/40

LCCJ 2x20kg: 5
LCCJ 2x24kg: 5, 42(9min)

Wanted a higher intensity, lower volume session. Aim was to reach lactic acid and cardio while adding the specificity of the competition format. This session, snatches became a cardio event and lc a grip event.

So by my standards this is high intensity in the sense that it is single sets that are close to my max. For others this would be a light warm-up :-).

SM in Kuusamo (LCCJ) is next weekend. I felt kind of worn out today before training with some muscle soreness from Thursday. If I feel great, I do some lifting Monday and then rest. If I still feel tired, I rest all week. So far, it seems like 5-6 rest days work best for me.
"Rest" includes mobility, stretching, light cardio, or even a very few heavy lifts.

There are no weight-classes in Kuusamo. So I can eat at ease, and even take a beer now :-)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment