Saturday, September 18, 2010

Salvaging Style with Hats, Scarves and Argyle

Spending what seems like all day trekking back and forth over hills, then dragging our loaded bikes to photoshoot locations across dunes and marshes... frankly I have abandoned all hope of appearing fresh or presentable.  Cycling-condusive clothing and tangled, sweaty hair hidden under caps are the new me for the time being.

Well, at least the hats themselves can be nice. I have many, and am often asked where I get them. The sources are usually a mix of unidentifiable small shops, and uninspired places like Target and Urban Outfitters. This one is actually from the Army-Navy store in Provincetown, bought a few years back. It is a heavy wool "newspaper boy" type hat that, surprisingly, can be worn even in hot weather.

I have also finally mastered the art of tying a scarf around my disobedient hair, thanks to this post on Knitting Lemonade.  

This is the first scarf-tying method that has worked for me so far - staying put all day, rather than sliding back off my head when I least expect it.

Thanks to the headscarf, my gaunt exhaustion is semi-disguised as glamorous fatigue. The blue fabric also matches the bruises on my legs rather nicely.

As for the Co-Habitant, he chooses to express himself with socks. 

Here is another pair. Yes, argyle socks and SPD cycling shoes. Sure, things can get silly. But what better way to sweeten a long ride? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment