Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wolfowitz

The girlfriend issue is a red herring. Basically, people at the World Bank hate Wolfie, and Witz gave them the dagger to stick in his back by giving his girlfriend a raise. But no one at the bank seems to give a shit about the girlfriend.

Folks, this is how the Machiavellians work. If the like you, you are safe no matter how many rules you break and ethics you violate. If they don't like you, they will get you no matter how clean you keep your nose. You can always find some "t" that wasn't crossed somewhere.

I could give a shit about both Wolfowitz and the World Bank, but I think it is a fascinating look at office politics. Throw in the scandal with AG Alberto Gonzales, and you see how the political game is played.

I despise this shit which is why I never pursued an assault on the corporate ladder or entered into politics. Politics is merely the selective use of loyalty and betrayal. I'd rather do my job well and stay out of that shit. The result is that I'm poor and unknown, but I sleep well at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment