Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Aaron's 499

I have dragged ass this week to getting to my commentary on Sunday's race at Talladega. It has been an especially hectic week for me. Anyway. . .

First of all, it sucks that Jeff Gordon won the damn thing and also passed Dale Earnhardt on the victories list. A lot of Gordon haters pelted the #24 with beer cans. I'm not necessarily in agreement with that kind of thing, but I do laugh my ass off about it.

Jeff Gordon will never have my love, but he does have my respect. That guy can drive a racecar. Earnhardt, Sr. knew this and gave the man his props. I think Gordon returned the favor.

The other big story was Tony Stewart getting wrecked at the end of the race. Stewart is having a shitty year, and it is coming out. Smoke does fine when he's winning, but he runs off at the mouth when he's losing. Right now, he's losing.

NASCAR is a lot like life. It requires hard work, talent, supporting personnel, and more than your average bit of luck to win a race or a championship. You have good guys and bad guys. Most of it is kinda boring then gets exciting very fast during a wreck or at the end. Just like life. Life is tedium punctuated by periods of intense crisis. That is also true of racing.

I hope Smoke can get it together. There's still a lot of racing to be done, and we'll see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment