Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax Day

Today is the darkest day in the libertarian calendar. It is the day when we settle accounts with the slaveholder, and we either pay more from what we worked for or we get some peanuts back in gratitude thankful that master let us have some of our money back.

I pay taxes to stay out of jail. I know my dollars that I worked for will be wasted on the welfare state, pork barrel spending, foreign aid, etc. Unlike the rest of America who are stupid as teetotal fuck, I don't comfort myself with some sort of philosophy about duty to country or paying my "fair share." I pay it the way a jailhouse punk bites the pillow at night hoping his tormentor makes it quick and busts his nut.

There is only one thing I would change about the tax code. I would make taxes voluntary. If that ever happened, you'd see that whole fiasco in Washington disintegrate overnight. Suddenly, they'd have to be accountable to the customers. It would all vanish. But this is why the government is more like the Mafia than your local grocer. Their offer is one you can't refuse.

But unlike the rest of you pillowbiters, I'm doing my part. I work to change things. It might amount to nothing, but I take a bit of pride that though I took the government dick in my ass, I fought back. I spit in their face. I still have my defiance, and that is what makes me a man instead of a punk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment