Monday, April 9, 2007

One Life to Live

I usually like to recap my weekend on Monday, but there isn't much to say about this weekend past because there was no Cup race because of Easter.

Easter is the day when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Christ. This event gives them hope that they will also rise from the dead, and that death is not the end but a glorious beginning for something better. Unfortunately, all of this is bullshit.

There is only one life, and it is the one you are living right now. There is no afterlife. There is no heaven or hell. There is no resurrection from the dead or a final judgment. You do not possess a soul that will live on after your body has failed and become food for bacteria and maggots. In short, dead is dead.

Right now, this is when people decry my negativity. I am too morbid. Blah fucking blah. I don't give a teetotal fuck about dying. Death takes care of itself. I just focus on living and being happy.

Death is not painful. Dying may be painful but not death. When I die, I hope it is quick and painless. But no matter how I expire, I intend to live it up until that moment. I don't get a second chance. I have but one life to live, and I intend to live it well. As for Jesus, his ass is sitting in some unmarked hole somewhere. I don't know if he was a lying fucker or if all of that was because of his followers. All I know is someone told some fibs somewhere.

I spent my Easter engaged in fornication. I did not go to church, but I did enjoy a scrumptious dinner at my aunt's house. I don't think you can get better than a good meal and a good fuck. It was a shame there wasn't some NASCAR to round out an otherwise perfect day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment