Saturday, April 28, 2007

Christians are Imbeciles

In keeping with my resolution to be more hostile to religion, I have decided to devote space on the CBlog each Sunday (the Lord's Day) to bashing on religion, religious fuckheads, and what have you.

I credit Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris with my militancy regarding atheism. As they rightly point out, religion is a taboo subject in our current culture, and we too easily give these shitheads a free pass on their faith. This might seem relatively harmless, but 9/11 shows the extremes that religion will go to as well as the cover even moderates give to extremists.

Folks, the bottom line is that there is no God. He does not exist. He is purely an imaginary creation. God is the indulgence of imbeciles who lack both the intelligence and the courage to live in a purely material universe.

There is no evidence for God's existence. In addition, there are reams of evidence indicating that the Bible is a fairytale. Geology indicates that the world is much older than the Bible indicates, and biology shows how life evolved from simpler forms to the diversity we see around us today. Genesis is bullshit. This destroys any credibility for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

But I talk with believers all the time, and none of these facts makes any difference to them. Understand, these people are willfully ignorant. As one Christian pointed out to me, "I don't care what the facts are. I'm still going to believe what I believe, and you are not going to change my mind."

Christians are idiots. They do not inhabit the world of reality. They are as deluded as any schizophrenic. Their brains are unable to grasp or accomodate an alternate and more truthful worldview. Christianity makes a virtue of this willful ignorance and calls it "faith." Religion demands unquestioning adherence to its precepts. This is dangerous shit.

It is time for religion to die, and the proper way to kill it is to call it into question. It is time these imbeciles started thinking for a change. I do not believe in outlawing religion since this would be tyranny. I also do not believe in live and let live on this issue. The reality is that Christians believe they have a right and a duty to police the lives of other people all for the sake of Christ. They push their agendas in the schools and in the assembled bodies of elected officials across the USA. Religion is the handmaiden of tyranny, and I aim to cut it down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment