TTM, otherwise known as Through the mail autos can be a fun experience for any collector. The anticipation of possibly landing your favorite player from your favorite team. Wow. You can drool just thinking about it. I have only been lucky enough to land one of my favorite players from my favorite team the New York Giants. But I have landed other autographs from pro athletes using Through The Mail.
I have some tips on how to land some autographs from your favorite teams without having to spend anymore than 2 stamps.
1st: Send to the team headquarters and ATTN to the player you desire
2nd: Don't aim for the star players. You most likely will never see them back
3rd: Best time to send is in the off-seasons for any sport
4th: Send a SASE with a stamp on it with a card included. Don't ask for too much
5th: Make your letter personal. Don't just type up a generic letter. Make it about their career and yourself.
I have not had great success, 12 returned out of 60, but I did have some returned and these were my keys to success. I wish you all luck and I will be sharing on and off which ones I got back. One of those is posted here.
If you have any other questions just leave them in the comments section and I will do my best to answer them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment