Sunday, May 27, 2012

Do You bust on the road?

Upper Deck wrote up a pretty funny and serious article on their blog the other day. Here is the link to it:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2011/01/do-not-open-upper-deck-packs-while-driving/

Now, I have got to admit. I have been seen opening packs behind the wheel. My wife can also say she has. It's just so tempting if you have packs sitting next to you on the floor or seat. How can you wait? How can you have the patience to get home and open them? What happens if what you open has junk and then it leads you to disappointment then road rage? Or what if your biggest pull is in there and you are so distracted you drive like a NASCAR driver to get home to protect it and check its book value.

Now, I haven't ever gotten in an accident. But I have come close to not paying attention when I am on the road attempting to do this. Will this turn out to be like texting and driving and be banned??? Probably not. But, I haven't attempted to bust behind the wheel in awhile and probably will never again because of the distraction. The one key I have found to stop you from doing so, is putting your cards in a bag and sticking them on your backseat. Yes, you can probably pull beside the road and bring them up front or just reach around to get them. But please don't. Wait til you get home. You never know...your patience could pay off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment