Sunday, August 6, 2006

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. Floyd Landis tests positive on both A and B samples. This is a milestone for the Tour de France. Landis will always live in disgrace. The sad thing is that he isn't doing anything different from what I believe 90% of cycling is already doing. Like it or not, cycling and endurance sports is drenched in doping. And what about Lance Armstrong? I don't believe that fucker one bit when he says he competed clean.

I think doping is here to stay, and the public will embrace it.

2. Steve Spurrier is a big time shit talker, so when he says this season's team at USC sucks, you better believe it. Meanwhile, I see all sorts of construction projects going on around Williams-Brice stadium in an attempt to capitalize on the increased popularity of the Gamecocks that will ensue if they ever win something big like an SEC championship or a National Championship.

Now, I root for the Cocks since I went to USC, but I temper it with a dose of reality. The USC football team has always been mediocre and is likely to remain that way. This is likely to be Spurrier's last job coaching, and he will retire after a few respectable seasons. But that's it.

I wish I was wrong on this shit, but I doubt it.

3. The current format for the Race for the Chase is getting on people's nerves. The reason is because a lot of fan favorites are getting tossed out of the running. Personally, I wished they had never fucked with the points system. I liked the old system, but NASCAR is intent on increasing its popularity and revenue with its "playoff." But people tune out when Dale, Jr. or Jeff Gordon or their favorite driver isn't in the Chase. With talk of "tweaking," I suspect that the current system will be made to ensure that these people have a spot in the end of season running. I don't see this as a good thing.

I'm all for giving the public what they want, but the public wants real competition. Hollywood doesn't always give us a happy ending and neither should NASCAR.

4. I've been having a good laugh about the Mel Gibson controversy. As someone once told me, "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts." The man hates Jews. Now, he'll suffer the consequences.

5. The New York Times recently had an article discussing the trend of single guys entering middle age without getting married. A lot of explanations were given as to why this was happening. As one of those guys, I'll tell you why. It isn't worth it.

It all boils down to money. Women are expensive as hell. They live to suck and bleed a man dry. And they are never satisfied. A man on an average income wanting to have such things as his own car, a house, and a retirement would be well advised to steer clear of these greedy thieving whores.

A wife is a luxury item. Only someone earning in excess of $100K can afford to be with today's woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment