Wednesday, May 3, 2006

There Is No End to Work

One of the things I've learned in my private study of economics is that that there is always work. Ultimately, it all boils down to human values, and human beings always desire something for which they will labor or pay someone else to do for them--cutting grass, washing a car, building an addition on to a house, etc.
 
There really is no excuse for unemployment except for that created by government interference. The bottom line is that people who don't have work are lazy. This is a large part of the reason why we have so many immigrants coming here from Mexico. They are willing to do the work that no one else will. And businesses have wised up and are blatantly ignoring minimum wage and immigration laws in order to hire these people. This is a good thing.
 
In my own life, I have followed this principle with my employer such that I put in a ton of overtime now. The work is there. I merely made myself available for it.
 
Back to work.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment