Monday, May 29, 2006

Gilbert Arenas on Arrest Immunity for NBA Players

This needs no comment, only an appreciation for those who live in The Bizarro World:

Gilbert Arenas and Awvee Storey, both of the Washington Wizards, have been arrested on charges of disobeying police.

According to police reports, Storey was blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street in Miami Beach when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk Saturday night. Storey didn't get out of the street, and the officer arrested him and charged him with failure to obey a command.

Arenas got out of a vehicle and walked toward the arresting officers. According to reports, an officer told Arenas to get back in his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. The officer took Arenas into custody and charged him with resisting without violence.

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."
"You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player." Oh, the irony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment