Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jogging

Run/walk: 5,8kms 60-80% of HR max

Goblet squats 16kg: 2x 10 reps
Oa farm holds 40kg 30s/30s; 56kg 30s/30s

Quite cold outdoors. The settings on my Beurer heart rate meter has somehow changed again so I had to watch it very closely.
Why do they fill pulse watches with so much strange settings and options? My watch has programs for running, pre-set calculations of heart rate max (differs with +30bpm), fitness tests, etc etc.
 Is there really people who base their training on the gadgets of a pulse watch?
-"I used to do a lot of HIIT training, but nowadays it's mostly Maffetone... How do you train?"
-"I just follow the pre-set training programs that came with my pulse watch...."

Arzeny Zhernakov said last weekend that it is good to lift something heavy every day that one trains. Hence my one arm farm holds after jogging (not suggested by the aforementioned). It wont build anything, but it feels good to just make the body remember that it should not only adapt to cardio, but weights as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment