Saturday, May 29, 2010

Snatch & Jerk & Gloves

Oa swing + snatch 16kg: 10/10
Snatch 16kg: 32/32/20/20 (with fleece gloves)

Jerk 2x20kg: 10
Jerk 2x24kg: 10
Jerk 2x26kg: 5, 15
Jerk 2x24kg: 5,30

Clean 2x20kg: 15 (with fleece gloves)

Gloves, I was not happy using my old pair of garden gloves, so I took a pair of thick and cheap fleece gloves. Damn, 32/32 became my max with 16kg and I could not go 10 minutes even with hand switches! A 12kg would be good here.
Went outside and snatched by Sjömanhustrun for the first time this year. A guy with a big beard wanted to sleep there as well. I explained I was doing gloved snatches and that the weight might fly away. He had no problems and promised to sleep around the corner of the statue's base. Wish all people were that easy-going.

After training, forearms feel smoked, but no calluse problem whatsoever. This must also be perfect rehab when you have shoulder issues. Your shoulder is dealing with 16kg but your grip working a lot harder. According to Russian coach Rudnev 16kg with gloves is like 24kg, and 24 kgwith gloves like 32kg (courtesy of my friend Ari's blog, LINK, Ari has just returned from a GS-camp in St Petersburg. This is how I came to think of gloves in the first place).

For ordinary snatch training it is probably a worthwhile complement for grip endurance.

Secret secret gloves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment