Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Light jerk day & Leoko in Sweden

Jerk:
oa20kg: 5/5
2x20kg: 5 7x 10 reps (45 sec rests)

Some bw squats and jumps for prehab.

I always think that I should do light sessions, but never do (in the light of my individual training volume that is). But, today I did it. The 45 sec rests, made a difference (I usually rest 1min with this template).


Leoko bells in Sweden

The Stockholm company Extremepower now sells Leoko kettlebells.



They are very expensive. 16kg is 2170,-; 24kg is 2310,- and 32kg is 2940,-.
Well, I guess that is that way when it is competition quality gear. Like Leoko and Eleiko competition-bars seem to be 7000,- and up.

These bells are made primarily with GS-associations and such in mind. I think that the first Finnish Championships later this year will use Leoko. Of course, for an official competition, one can't use Alexander's lead filled Chinese bells, or worse...:-). One contigency is also heading for the US.

I had the possibillity to lift with the Leoko bells while in Finland. Great stuff! A different balance and over-all feel of the bells. Perfect handle dimensions. They were cast iron, and not whatever cast iron but some special variant (I did not get all the detail there).

Interesting thing to note - there is comparatively little price difference depending on the bell's weight. It is because they charge more or less, only for the iron cost as bells go heavier.
Even if iron has become more expensive; it is still quite cheap. If you are going to build a supertanker a cent more per kilo becomes a lot. But 24 kg...32kg... nah...

When I get rich again, a pair of Leoko will definitively be a number one priority. But it is great that they are now available in Sweden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment