Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Danube Cycle Path: Part II


More photos riding along the Danube Cycle Path. Grass, trees, attractive wooden huts, and the Danube for miles and miles.



The terrain is mildly hilly and the 7-speed KTM hybrid I am renting feels appropriate here. Interestingly, this bike has both handbrakes and a coaster brake. Not sure how this can be, but I like the set-up.


Small outdoor cafes are situated along the path at frequent intervals, giving cyclists the possibility to stop for a drink, snack, or a meal.


There are also Gasthaus-style bed and breakfast places advertised as being "bike friendly" for those touring long distance.



This is now my third time riding on the Donauradweg, and I absolutely love it. I have gone about 11miles North each time and back, and it feels great. But what I really want to try some day is long-distance touring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment