Saturday, January 3, 2009

San Barbados - One of my lifetime horses!

Nine years ago I bought a 19 year old semi-retired Eventer/Show Jumper for Nick to hunt. His name was San Barbados and he was by well respected sire of jumpers, Superstud. I had someone I knew look at Bados for me and confirm that he would be ideal for our needs and, within a few days, Bados was here. Bados never really got the chance to be Nick's hunter because I stole him off him when my horse at the time, Murphy, went lame. That, as they say, was that! Bados and I have done heaps together, jumping to 1 metre and generally having a blast and he's spent time with friends of ours being a schoolmaster as well. He's had a quiet couple of years now but he's still loving life and getting ridden semi-regularly.

Bados is quirky, far from perfect, full of his own self importance and can be a real ratbag at times but he is also just about the most fantastic horse I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He celebrated his 28th birthday on the 1st of January 2009 and today we cleared out some cobwebs and Gwen and I went for a wee ride around the farm on Bados and Strawberry. Gwen is from Bremen in Germany and is with us for a week. It's really nice to have someone around to ride with and I think we all had a lot of fun - unfortunately the camera batteries went flat so only two photos.

Yehar'ing!
Posing

0 comments:

Post a Comment