Monday, December 8, 2008

Sneak preview of the Swedish results the 7th of December


Several people have asked me for the Swedish results and I began feeling mean keeping them to myself. They are in the table above. My web-design skills are not super, but I guess you could call them creative. If you klick on the picture the table gets larger.

The total compilation of the results from all countries is not finished yet. I think that there were over 60 participants! I will put a link here.

So in this competition the important Swedish number is 2182 - i.e. the average number of kilos lifted per team member.

Not to brag, but I think that the Swedish team did well. We will not win this time, and we certainly need to work more on our form. If so, on the other hand, the sky is the limit of how it could evolve over time.

And, yes, without the open-mindedness and benevolence of the MAK staff and members, the event would not have been as fun. MAK has a nice classic style logo too:


The last column & Sinclair
The last column in the table is outside the scope of the competition; it is each competitor's kilos lifted divided with his body weight. It is inspired by a more advanced formula that they use in Olympic weight-lifting to compare lifters from different weight categories. It is called the Sinclair-table and can be downloaded here. (thanks again Lennie, for explaining this to me). Our simplified calculation was just for fun. I suspect that people with a penchant towards GS tend to think that fun involves percentages, tables, rpm.s, etc.

Reflections on my own lifting
I had hoped for getting 100 reps, but got 89 (here). I am happy with that number. Nonetheless, I want to compare it to my previous personal best in oa lccj; in the October Cross World I did 90 with this lift (here). The Eleiko kettlebell used was exactly the same model.
The thing that gave out this time was cardio and rep speed.
In October, my main focus was double lccj with 2x16kg, so consequently I trained more with 16s and, I guess, got a better cardio.
Lately, I have been doing more training in the range of 20 to 28 kg. A good thing this time was that the grip felt stronger. However, another lesson is not to underestimate the utility of the 16kgs in training.
Moreover, I think that another difference is that I held my lock-outs longer this time. And, of course, the traveling and slight psychological tension of having the benefit of lifting in front of people in a new setting takes down the max a bit. Cross World, I did at home with a counter that I know very well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment