Thursday, November 6, 2008

Silas day 19, Pt II


Ouch! That hurt!! Today I had two really big needles stuck into my hock and stifle joints and all this yellow fluid came rushing out. The vet took a sample of it and said he would get it tested. Last time he did this he took fluid from my hock but he said the lab were not able to grow anything on it so this time he wanted to try the stifle. A lot more came out of my stifle this time around too. It sprayed mummy on the leg, she went a bit green but I was so good, I didn't even flinch.


Mummy sat on my back legs just in case I decided to move and Daddy held my head. After the vet drained my joints he injected some cloudy liquid into them which he called cortisone. It should help me feel better. I sure hope so coz it's really hard for me to get up and move around and I have a lot of adventuring to do you know!


After I had been drained of my bodily fluids I kinda wanted to just lie there but they made me get up. It took three of them *snigger*, I was kinda lazy but I reckon that the exercise did them all good - the vet commented on how heavy I am, I thought I was quite slim actually!


My mum then wrapped my hock in a towel and soft fleecy bandage with some sticky bright green bandage over the top whilst I finished my bottle of milk. I drank just over two litres in total for my afternoon tea, apparently that is nearly a record for me - my tummy is certainly full now.


I really love the very white milk that comes in the smaller bottle. Mummy says that the lovely soft-eyed mare in the paddock next to me with the gingernut foal has been donating that - it sure tastes good.


Oh and I did a really great poo! Usually I have to push and push but this one just popped out - it was mostly grass, I love grass now, especially the red clover that my parents and Christina pick for me. It tastes soooo good.


Anyway, that is probably enough from me for now - I am sure my human mum will keep you up to date but I just wanted to share my eventful day.


But, before I go and have a kip, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who has helped me make it this far. I know that my mum and dad are really touched by the incredible generosity and kindness you have all shown so, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment